Your privacy is of great importance to New England Motor Freight (“NEMF”). As a user of this web site at: www.nemf.net (the “Site”), you are valued by NEMF and we will take appropriate measures to protect the information provided by and collected from you on the Site in connection with the functions, facilities and services offered on the Site.
What Information Does NEMF Collect?
We gather information so that we can improve and personalize your experience with NEMF. Information that we collect falls in to the categories listed below.
- Information that Users Give Us: We receive and store the information that you enter at the Site or give to us in any other way. When you choose to provide information, we will use it for purposes that include: fulfilling your orders, responding to your inquiries or requests, customizing our Site for you, improving our Site and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: Whenever you interact with NEMF, we receive and store certain types of information. For example, we use “cookies” to obtain information when your web browser accesses this Site. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier, which we transfer to your computer via your Web browser and store on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie file allows us to recognize your computer when you visit the Site. On most web browsers you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie, and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they will enable you to take advantage of some of the Site’s features.
Does NEMF Share the Information It Receives?
We are not in the business of selling our user’s information. There are, however, certain limited circumstances in which we may share such information with certain third parties, as set forth below.
- Agents & Strategic Transportation Partners: NEMF, like many companies, hires other companies to perform certain functions. Examples include processing payments and removing duplicate information from our customer lists. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information they need to complete the task and they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose. NEMF may also share with its Strategic Partners the names of those users downloading our rating modules.
- Promotional Notices: On very rare occasions we may contact our users about a product or service provided by another business. If we contact you in this way, it will only be to provide you with information about a business that we think you will like. If we do this, the only communication you receive will be from us and we will not give business information about you, such as your name, postal or email address.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, stores or assets. In transactions such as these, user information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, in the unlikely event that NEMF or one of its business lines are acquired, user information may be one of the transferred assets.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
NEMF takes reasonable security measures to protect the information of our users.
Access to Information About You.
What Choices Do I Have?
Links to Third Party Sites