NEMF specializes in developing, implementing and operating door-to-door pool distribution programs leveraging & integrating all Shevell Group resources of Carrier Industries, Eastern Freight Ways and Apex Logistics. NEMF offers its customers the unmatched ability to control their product from origin to shelf with consistency and continuity and cost effectiveness.
CGIO pool distribution programs allow its customers to have a uniform distribution plan in the Northeast through one single source solution. Benefits:
Typical Transit Times based on 55mph and new hours of service rules.
- Lower transportation costs
- Reduced inventory carrying cost
- Speed to Market
- Most next day service
- Mode shifting - Creates cost savings
- Shipment velocity - Creates better transit times
- Lower handling - lower claims
- Control - end to end shipment visibility
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Single source - dedicated customer service
Pool Distribution at a glance;
- Seattle> 2767 miles / 76 hours
- San Francisco> 2909 miles / 80 hours
- Los Angeles> 2767 76 hours
- Dallas> 1536 miles 48 hours
Pool Distribution is the distribution of product to numerous destination points (stores) within a particular geographic region. Characteristics include high frequency regular shipments in LTL quantities, typically in the 150 to 2000 pound per shipment range. Pool distribution represents a superior and cost effective alternative to the high cost of LTL shipments. Instead of LTL direct, product is shipped to regional terminals in truckload quantities. There it is off loaded, then segregated and sorted by store then reloaded on local delivery trucks for delivery to pool destinations. Pool reduces transit times, maintains shipment integrity, and allows a significant discount over LTL rates.